Thursday 6 August 2015

July 20: Mysterious creature on the beach

Today I came across this mysterious creature on the beach.  Perhaps some kind of strange invertebrate?  I  also got to thinking that it looked like a small Port Jackson Shark style of egg. Sea cucumber? Moulted mollusc?
After firing off about 20 shots in macro mode on the camera, feeling that I had sufficiently documented the  creature for science, and adequately captured an artistic interpretation of the moment, I thought perhaps I would poke the creature and see what it felt like.
Then it dawned on me.
Oh yes!  I recognise you!
This strange and rare sea creature of the sub-Antarctic is indeed a piece of pasta from last night, that has washed back up on the beach.....
ooohhhhhhkaaayyy then.....
Moving right along..... too hilarious not to share.


Mysterious sea creature otherwise known as Spiralis pastaiensis. Photo: Jacque Comery


No comments:

Post a Comment