Tuesday 4 August 2015

July 18: Another day at Brother's Point

 Day two at Brother's. I awoke to a splendid day of sunshine and a snow covered beach.  I seized the chance to explore down around the water line, catching glimpses of colour on the black pebbles.
By mid morning though, the cloud and snow rolled in and again I retreated to my spaceship to finish my book, cook some food, do my radio sched with VJM (Station),  and had a nice sit by the light of my candle, just appreciating  how wonderful it is to be able to  sit in a hut, read, eat , sleep and daydream in the sub-Antarctic.

Sitting on the beach at Brother's. Photo: Jacque Comery
Lichen on the rocks. Photo: Jacque Comery


Shell on the beach. Photo: Jacque Comery

Critters. Photo: Jacque Comery

Snow covered beach, looking back to Sandy Bay to the north. Photo: Jacque Comery

Jac vs Giant Petrel. That is the footprint of a very big bird! Photo: Jacque Comery
Daydreaming in the hut at the end of the day.  Photo: Jacque Comery


No comments:

Post a Comment