Saturday 13 June 2015

June 7: Colours and textures in the rain on West Beach of the Isthmus

A rainy Sunday. Too wet to take out my Olympus so I headed out for a walk with my old Lumix Waterproof DMC-FT2. When it is raining on Macca everything is grey.  The sky, the ground, the ocean.  With my eyes cast down to avoid the horizontal rain, I started to spot all of the little bits of colour the whole way along my walk from the Station to the Razorback at the end of the Isthmus on the west coast, and back along the east coast.  The blurry effects are a combination of raindrops and me licking the lens to try and clear it!
With gumboots full of water and soaking wet I returned home after an hour and a half, smiling at how much colour you can find on  a grey day, if you look in the right places.



Algae. Photo: Jacque Comery

Vertebra. Photo: Jacque Comery

Inside rotting kelp. Photo Jacque Comery

A Skua boules. Photo: Jacque Comery

Algae. Photo: Jacque Comery

Beach pebble. Photo: Jacque Comery

Drift wood. Photo: Jacque Comery

Algae. Photo: Jacque Comery

Top of the fire hydrant marker. Photo: Jacque Comery

No comments:

Post a Comment