Saturday 30 May 2015

May 30: What a way to spend a birthday!


Today is my birthday!
I am spending it in a most isolated place geographically, but have received well wishes from all over the world.  Spending your birthday in a unique place, obviously comes with an interesting and unexpected set of activities.
My day went a little like this....
 
First I raised the Australian and Aboriginal flags, in challenging conditions I might add,  to celebrate National Reconciliation Week 2015.

Australian Flag. Photo: Jacque Comery
Aboriginal Flag. Photo: Jacque Comery
Then I went and took the Daily ARPANSA observations, to do my part for the International Nuclear Test Ban Treaty...as you do...

Getting ready for a filter change over. Photo: Jacque Comery
Then I headed out on a photo quest in the rain to Garden Cove and spotted these cute furry guys - two Antarctic Fur Seals....

Antarctic fur seals in Garden Cove. Photo: Jacque Comery
The rest of the afternoon was spent putting my feet up and having a read, snuggled up in my new scarf (thanks Mum and Dad), and opening birthday cards from home (thanks Mary, Tarn and Peanut).

Time to put my feet up. Photo: Jacque Comery

Enjoying a relaxing read in my new scarf. Photo: Jacque Comery
...and finally my day was topped off with a delicious meal with the crew of Spanish Tapas, kindly prepared by one of the expeditioners.

Tapas feast. Photo: Jacque Comery


A wonderful day spent in an amazing place....







1 comment:

  1. Now i know our ding donging - - scorpio and gemini dont mix well ...... Therese

    ReplyDelete